Your career support didn’t end after graduating from Olin; the Weston Career Center is your lifelong career partner. We offer personalized support and a suite of career search tools just for alumni. Tap into our many career services.
One-on-one career coaching
You have a WCC career coach ready to partner with you, whenever you need it. You’ll receive individualized support from an experienced coach who will work with you on your career strategy and search needs. Our coaches are seasoned business professionals with backgrounds in a wide range of industries and functions who are knowledgeable in career coaching, skill building, strategic career planning and negotiations. To meet with a career coach, schedule an appointment online, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 314-935-5950, or stop by the WCC in Knight Hall 210.
Considering a new job?
Companies looking for experienced talent send us positions targeted to alumni. To better serve Olin alumni and provide easier access to “experienced-hire” opportunities, we post positions in the following places:
- Olin’s LinkedIn group (log in to your Linkedin account, navigate to group 1090, and ask to join. A group moderator approves alumni requests.)
- CAREERlink houses information for BSBA and alumni from the BSBA program
- OlinConnect houses information for MBA/PMBA/EMBA/SMP and alumni from those programs
Resources with the key icon require you to login with your WUSTL key. Click here for instructions. Those with the padlock icon use another authentication method. Contact the WCC at email@example.com for instructions.
Looking for talent?
Let us help connect you to talented students and other alumni to fill positions for your organization. WCC team members are organized by industry and are eager to assist you. Connect by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, post the job description and application process on the Job Discussions board in Olin’s LinkedIn group.
Add to your network
Keep your professional network strong. Become a member of Olin’s LinkedIn group and sign up for the Washington University Alumni Association Directory with information on more than 110,000 WashU alumni. Learn more about alumni networking and mentoring programs.
Online Resources for Alumni
Being an Olin alum has its perks. We have many online resources—all you need is a WUSTL key and the desire.
How do I get a WUSTL key
Alumni can recover WUSTL account information and activate their WUSTL key on the Alumni & Development website https://alumni.wustl.edu/Pages/UserRegistration.aspx. If you do not know your ADIS (Alumni and Development Information System) ID number, the system will look for a match on name, birthdate, email and address fields in the university alumni database. With either method, you will receive an email with instructions to create your WUSTL key and password.
CareerLeader® is a web-based comprehensive career assessment tool based on more than 20 years of scientific research and used by more than 400 leading business schools and corporations worldwide. It taps into your interests, motivations and skills, providing insight into your highest-potential career and employer culture match.
- Preview CareerLeader
- To take assessment, connect with Alumni Career Coach Anne Petersen by contacting the Weston Career Center at 314-935-5950 or email email@example.com. She will make arrangements for you to access, discuss your findings and suggest how you can apply them to your career strategy.
Craft your résumé so it’s accomplishment-oriented and relevant to the specific job you are seeking. Review the résumé section in the WCC Career Guide to gain an understanding of starting with a STAR framework and formatting insights. Take advantage of our alumni subscription for Optimal Résumé to easily configure and download your résumé. There are several alumni formats included in the examples.
Cover letter feedback
A stand-out cover letter begins with analyzing the role and organization, followed by developing three to four reasons why you are an outstanding candidate. Read Developing a Cover Letter and the cover letter section of the WCC Career Guide.
Certified LinkedIn expert intelligence
Mastering your LinkedIn profile is essential in your job search—it's your most dynamic branding tool to connect with employers and networking connections. Read the Building Your Personal Brand section of the WCC Career Guide and the LinkedIn Pro Checklist provided by input from a certified LinkedIn recruiter.
Maintaining a vibrant network of professional contacts creates a resource you’ll rely on well beyond after you successfully complete your job search.
- Your Olin alumni career coach is available to practice interviewing with you—just set up a coaching session. Send the job description, your résumé and any intelligence about the role you are interviewing for in advance.
- As a WashU alum, you have access to Big Interview. This online tool allows you to practice your skills and learn the best strategies for interviewing.
- One of the best ways to prepare for interviews is to speak with people who have interviewed with, or work for, the organization in which you’re seeking employment. Review the Interviewing section of this website for details. Gaining clarity on the type of interview to expect, whether behavioral, case or technical, can help you focus your prepping process.
When you receive an offer, there are many aspects to consider in your decision-making process. It’s critical to think about what factors are important to you in a job and work environment, and to weigh each factor based on what you value most. Review the Evaluating Job Offers section of this website for more guidance on how to consider other factors beyond compensation. In addition, read page 49 of the WCC Career Guide for a helpful approach to negotiating a job offer.
Global employment intelligence resources
- GoinGlobal provides global employment intelligence and opportunities including 120 city and country career guides in 50 languages. Job opportunities featured include 735 + organizations.
- MBA-Exchange is a tool used by top MBA programs to facilitate students’ connection with global employment opportunities. It includes 100,000+ jobs, 650+ MBA development programs and 1,300+ MBA employers globally. Access is more limited six months post-graduation.
- Most Kopolow Business Library Databasescan be accessed by alumni while on campus. If you are an alum and off campus or using a computer without Olin’s IP address, these resources cannot be used.
- Wall Street Oasis contains career guides on financial industry insights including technical finance interviews, breaking into venture capital and private equity markets and a guide to corporate finance careers.
We invite you to dig into the WCC career guide (PDF) for additional tips and tools to support your career search. You’ll also find samples of résumés and cover letters to follow.