The Weston Career Center (WCC) advising team draws upon the experience of seasoned business professionals in a wide range of industries and functions – including accounting, consulting, financial services, consumer packaged goods, coaching, skill building, strategic career planning and employment negotiations, investment banking, health care, human capital management, marketing, management, nonprofit, retail, supply chain and operations.
Students meet with career advisors for individualized mentoring and guidance on career goals to help target their job search strategy for specific positions or companies.
To make an appointment with a career advisor, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 314-935-5950, stop by the WCC in Knight Hall 210, or schedule online.
Olin’s career education courses and programs are tailored to the specific needs of students in each degree program – from undergraduates just starting the job search, to graduate students seeking career transition or advancement, to mid- and senior-level executives honing their skills in preparation for the C-suite.
Olin student clubs and the WCC work closely together to provide career education workshops, panels and seminars for Olin and Washington University students by co-sponsoring, promoting and hosting sessions to improve the business application of academic skills, including:
- Advantage in the Marketplace – Seminars that focus on skill-building, including interviewing, networking, personal finance and internship success
- Training the Street – Each year, the WCC brings to campus Training the Street, with specialized workshops in Corporate Valuation and Financial Modeling
- Industry-specific symposiums bring business leaders to Olin to meet with students interested in a variety of careers, including but not limited to health care, life sciences/pharma, sustainability, real estate, marketing, consulting and sports management, as well as core business functions.
Recruiting and Interviewing
Through a variety of recruiting activities, and a strong network of alumni, faculty, and corporate partners, we successfully connect Olin students with alumni and employers around the globe.
Many companies come on campus to interview. The state-of-the-art Bauer Hall Interview Suite, with concierge services for recruiters, ensures each company will have a smooth and productive day meeting candidates. Each interview room is also equipped for phone and Skype interviews.
Others post positions online. And some ask for targeted résumé books to help identify candidates whose goals, skills and experience match their job descriptions.
The WCC also sponsors several recruiting events that provide opportunities for students to meet with alumni and hiring managers, including:
- Meet the Firms
- New York Career Trek
- New York Banking Tour
- Domestic and International Road Shows and Industry Days
Career and Job Search Resources
Take advantage of the wealth of resources offered by our Weston Career Center.
- CAREERlink and MBAFocus – on-campus recruiting, job postings and announcements
- Career and Internship Guides
- Interview Questions Guide
- Research and Resource Tools